Social Media, News & Videos
Like us on Facebook: @LimbLengthMD
Follow us on Instagram: @LimbLengthMD
Follow us on Twitter: @LimbLengthMD
Photo Gallery and Video Gallery
The International Center for Limb Lengthening in the News
- Dr. Noman Siddiqui was featured in a WJZ-TV “Ask A Doc” interview about bunions and his expertise in performing minimally invasive bunion surgery.
- Dr. John Herzenberg and the family of his patient named Success were interviewed for this WBAL-TV story that aired in April 2022. Dr. Philip McClure and Dr. Herzenberg operated on this 11-year-old boy from Nigeria for treatment of severe Blount disease. His legs were so bowed that he could not walk on his legs and mainly moved by crawling on his knees. Over the course of four months, his surgically straightened bones healed, and he is now walking well on his own two feet.
- Dr. Shawn Standard was interviewed for this December 2021 WJZ-TV story about his patient Kacper who came from Poland for club hand treatment.
- Dr. Michael Assayag, Dr. John Herzenberg, Dr. Noman Siddiqui and Dr. Shawn Standard were recognized as 2021 “Top Doctors” in the November 2021 issue of Baltimore Magazine. Dr. Assayag was listed under General Orthopedics, Drs. Herzenberg and Standard were recognized under Pediatric Orthopedics, and Dr. Siddiqui was listed as a top doctor in Podiatry.
- Dr. Michael Assayag and his cosmetic limb lengthening patient Raz were featured on “The Doctors” television show in November 2021. Here are two clips from their segment: “Are Leg-Lengthening Procedures Becoming More Popular?” and “Hear What a Leg-Lengthening Procedure Actually Entails!”
- Dr. Michael Assayag and his cosmetic limb lengthening treatment were featured in two Chinese media outlets in October 2021: The South China Morning Post and Today Online.
- Dr. Philip McClure is interviewed about treating children’s growth plate fractures in this September 2021 LifeBridge Health/WJZ 13 CBS Baltimore blog post that was also featured on HealthNewsDigest.com.
- Dr. Shawn Standard and his patient, Chandler Crews, were featured in this February 2021 WBFF Fox 45 News interview about the rare disease of achondroplasia—a form of dwarfism—and Chandler’s experience with limb lengthening at the International Center for Limb Lengthening.
- Dr. Michael Assayag, Dr. John Herzenberg, Dr. Philip McClure, Dr. Noman Siddiqui and Dr. Shawn Standard were recognized as 2020 “Top Doctors” in the November 2020 issue of Baltimore Magazine. Dr. Assayag was listed under General Orthopedics, Drs. Herzenberg, McClure and Standard were recognized under Pediatric Orthopedics, and Dr. Siddiqui was listed as a top doctor in Podiatry.
- In June 2020, Dr. John Herzenberg was awarded The Daily Record‘s Healthcare Heroes Lifetime Achievement Award. Here is his winner profile as published in this Maryland business, legal and government news publication.
- In this June 2020 clip from SUCH TV, a news channel in Pakistan, Dr. Noman Siddiqui, Director of Podiatric Surgery, International Center for Limb Lengthening, is interviewed in Urdu about podiatric surgery. He explains that podiatric care is a public health concern in Pakistan and shares information about diabetic limb preservation. He also answers viewer questions about foot health, limb lengthening and foot and ankle sports injuries.
- Dr. John Herzenberg was featured in this WBAL-TV 11 News story on how telemedicine is helping the Rubin Institute to continue serving patients with orthopedic concerns who do not want to leave the safety of their own homes during the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Dr. Michael Assayag, Dr. Christopher Bibbo, Dr. John Herzenberg and Dr. Shawn Standard were recognized as 2019 “Top Doctors” in the November 2019 issue of Baltimore Magazine. Dr. Assayag was listed under General Orthopedics, Dr. Bibbo was listed as a top doctor in Foot and Ankle Orthopedic Surgery, and Drs. Herzenberg and Standard were recognized under Pediatric Orthopedics.
- Dr. Janet Conway successfully saved the life and leg of a teenager with a flesh-eating bacterial infection. Her efforts are featured in this People.com article, this WJZ 13 Baltimore television story, and this FOX 45 Baltimore news television story. She also is interviewed about flesh-eating bacteria in this FOX 45 News morning show segment.
- Dr. John Herzenberg, Dr. Michael Assayag and Team Sinai are featured in this Baltimore Jewish Times article about the April 2018 medical mission to Haiti.
- Dr. John Herzenberg is featured in this U.S. News & World Report article about ways to address limb length differences.
- Dr. John Herzenberg is featured in a Jerusalem Post blog post about Clubfoot treatment.
- A patient with a dwarfism condition is profiled in “Sinai Hospital doctors pioneer limb-lengthening procedure” in the Baltimore Sun. Dr. John Herzenberg and Dr. Shawn Standard are also interviewed about the Precice internal lengthening system.
- The Precice Limb Lengthening System is featured in this Orthopedics This Week article.
- Dr. John Herzenberg is featured in an NPR article about Clubfoot treatment.
- This Baltimore Sun article covers a Save-A-Limb Fund event and profiles of one of our patients living with TAR syndrome.
- A patient who was treated for Proximal Femoral Focal Deficiency (PFFD) by Dr. John Herzenberg was featured on WBAL-Radio.
- The Richmond Times-Dispatch did a story on a girl who is getting limb lengthening treatment at the International Center for Limb Lengthening. Dr. Shawn Standard is quoted in the article.
- Orthopedics This Week included Dr. John Herzenberg in their list of the top 17 pediatric orthopedic surgeons in the United States.
- The International Center for Limb Lengthening, Dr. John Herzenberg, and the Precice internal lengthening system were featured in the Scientific American.
- 2012 Save-A-Limb Ride Coverage included: WJZ-TV, Press Box and other media outlets.
- U.S. News and World Report listed Dr. John Herzenberg as being in the top 1% of orthopedic surgeons in the nation.
- This LifeBridge Health article covers Dr. John Herzenberg’s medical mission trip to Ecuador. The medical volunteers performed 33 operations in just four days.
- Dr. John Herzenberg and Dr. Shawn Standard published an article about the Precice lengthening rod in the Maryland Physician Magazine.
- An article in the Journal of Orthopedic Trauma features the International Center for Limb Lengthening’s Multiplier App.
- Dr. Shawn Standard and Dr. John Herzenberg are featured in a Lower Extremity Review article about the Precice Limb Lengthening System.