Levindale Hebrew Geriatric Center and Hospital has earned several important accreditations, awards and affiliations. These include:
- The Specialty Hospital accreditation by The Joint Commission, which evaluates and sanctions health care organizations and programs across the United States. This independent, nonprofit organization is the predominant standards-setting body for health care in the nation.
- Levindale accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities. CARF's standards are focused on the outcomes and satisfaction of the people served.
- As a long-term care facility for the elderly, frail and ill, Levindale fully appreciates the physical and emotional challenges faced by family caregivers. That is why we are a proud partner of Called to Care, a Johns Hopkins Bayview initiative that prepares and supports individuals caring for loved ones with health-related needs or limitations. Funded in part by the Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation, Called to Care offers education services, camaraderie, and the support of local organizations like Levindale to family caregivers in the region.
- Several Daily Record "Health Care Heroes" award winners are among Levindale's employees, programs and volunteers.
- Levindale is proud to have an affiliation with The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore.
- Levindale also has membership in LeadingAge, formerly called the American Association of Homes and Services for the Aging; the Maryland Association of Non-Profit Homes for the Aging; the Council of Jewish Federations; the Health Facilities Association of Maryland; the American Health Care Association; and the Association of Jewish Aging Services.